PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given by the Board of Trustees of Mt. Olympus Improvement District, Salt Lake County, Utah, that an election will be held on:
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2023
FOR THE ELECTION OF ONE (1) TRUSTEE TO THE BOARD OF SAID DISTRICT FOR A FOUR-YEAR TERM BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2024.
Each person seeking to become a candidate for this elective office shall complete a Declaration of Candidacy form in person with the District Clerk (3932 South 500 East). The filing period is during office hours (7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday) beginning Thursday, June 1, and no later than 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 7, 2023. The District Clerk will also be available to accept Declaration of Candidacy forms on Friday, June 2 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Candidate qualifications are:
- Be a U.S. Citizen at time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a Resident of the Local District.
- Be a Registered voter at the residence within the Local District.
- In accordance with Utah Constitution, Article IV, Section 6, a mentally incompetent individual, an individual convicted of a felony, or an individual convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.3 or 20A-2-101.5.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Board of Trustees of Mt. Olympus Improvement District, Salt Lake County, Utah has caused this NOTICE to be given, as required by law.
Mt. Olympus Improvement District
Tammy Gonzales, District Clerk