NOTICE REGARDING CURED-IN-PLACE PIPELINE PROJECT #2
Mt. Olympus Improvement District is in the process of planning for a cured in-place pipeline project within the District’s boundaries for rehabilitation of approximately 10,893 feet of 8, 10, and 12 inch sewer lines. The District is inviting bids to be submitted for the project. The District will accept sealed bids at its office until 1:00 p.m. Monday August 26, 2013 for the project. The sealed bids will be opened at that time.
The Notice Inviting Bids, Instructions to Bidders, and other contract documents will be posted on the District’s website: https://www.mtoid.org/. Copies of these documents may also be obtained at the District’s offices located at 3932 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107, Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. This Notice Regarding Cured-in-Place Pipeline Project is a summary notification only. The complete notification documents are the Notice Inviting Bids and the Instructions to Bidders which, together with the other contract documents, may be obtained on the District’s website or from the District’s offices, as indicated above.
Please contact Don Telford at 801-262-2904 or by email, Don Telford, with any questions.
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
RECEIPT OF BIDS. Sealed Bids will be received at the office of MT. OLYMPUS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT, a political subdivision of the State of Utah, owner of a wastewater collection system and appurtenances, with offices located at, 3932 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107-1895, for construction of the Mt. Olympus Improvement District Cured-In-Place Pipe Rehabilitation Project – 2013 #2. Any Bids received after the specified time will not be considered.
CONTRACTOR QUALIFICATIONS. All Contractors shall have a General Engineering license in the State of Utah at the time of the Bid opening, shall have at least five years’ experience with cured-in-place pipeline projects, and shall present at least two letters of recommendation from other municipalities or improvement districts in the State of Utah.
OBTAINING CONTRACT DOCUMENTS. The Contract Documents are described and defined in the Contractor Bid Proposal and Agreement for Cured-In-Place Pipe Rehabilitation Project – 2013 #2 (hereinafter, the “Agreement”). All Contract Documents (including specifications and drawings) may be obtained at the office of the District located at 3932 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107-1895 beginning August 12, 2013. The District may be contacted by calling the District’s Engineer, Mr. Don Telford at (801) 262-2904 or by sending an email to Don Telford.
RETURNING CONTRACT DOCUMENTS. The Contract Documents are for official use only and are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) (Exemption 2). All unsuccessful bidders shall return all Contract Documents and any copies made from them to the office of the District within 10 days following notice from the District that the bidder is not the successful bidder.
DATES FOR BIDS. The first date that bids will be accepted is August 15, 2013. The last date and time that bids will be accepted is 1:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time on August 26, 2013.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK. The District will be effectuating repair and sealing of various sewer main lines within the District’s boundaries as described in Addendum No. 1 of the Agreement.
The Work also includes pre- and post-construction surveys; permitting; public notification; utility design coordination and relocation; traffic control, including signing, flagging and detours; surface restoration of roadways; asphalt concrete replacement, erosion control, reseeding and re-vegetation of all areas disturbed by the Work; cleaning; and testing.
SITE OF WORK. The Work is located in various locations in Salt Lake County, Utah, as set forth in the Contract Documents.
COMPLETION OF WORK. The work on each of the pipelines shall be commenced and completed such that no individual pipeline is out of service for a period of time longer than 12 hours, as set forth in Addendum No. 1 of the Agreement (“Addendum No. 1”). All Work shall begin on the “Commencement Date” as said term is defined in the Agreement and shall be completed by no later than sixty (60) days after the “Commencement Date.”
OPENING OF BIDS; DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION. All bids must be received by the District on or before 1:00 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time, August 26, 2013, at the office of the District, 3932 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107-1895, at which time and location the bids will be opened and read aloud in an open meeting. It is the responsibility of the bidder to see that its bid is delivered to the designated location by the time and date stated above. Any bid received thereafter shall be considered nonresponsive. The District will not award a bid at that meeting. Bidders shall be aware of the Bid procedure described in Section 4 of the Instructions to Bidders, attached hereto.
BID GUARANTEE. Each Bid shall be accompanied by a bid bond in the amount of five percent (5%) of the total bid price for which a bid is submitted by the Bidder, in favor of Mt. Olympus Improvement District as a guarantee that the Bidder, if its Bid is accepted, will promptly execute all Contract Documents, provide evidence of insurance, and furnish a satisfactory faithful performance bond in the amount of 100 percent of the Contract price and a payment bond in the amount of 100 percent of the Contract price.
ADDRESS AND MARKING OF BID. The envelope enclosing the Bid shall be sealed and addressed to the Mt. Olympus Improvement District and delivered or mailed to Mt. Olympus Improvement District, 3932 South 500 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107-1895. The envelope shall be plainly marked in the upper left-hand corner with the name and address of the Bidder and shall bear the words “Bid for Mt. Olympus Improvement District Cured-In-Place Pipe Rehabilitation Project – 2013 #2.” The Bidder’s bond, and information required of Bidder shall be enclosed in the same envelope with the Bid.
PROJECT ADMINISTRATION. All questions relative to this Project prior to the opening of Bids shall be directed via e‑mail to Don Telford.
It shall be understood, however, that no interpretations of the drawings or specifications will be made except in writing signed by the Engineer, nor will any “or equal” products be considered for approval prior to award of a contract.
DISTRICT’S RIGHTS RESERVED. The District may, at reasonable times, inspect the part of the plant or place of business of a Contractor or any subcontractor which is related to the performance of any contract awarded or to be awarded by the District. By requesting and accepting bids, the District is not obligated to award a contract or to pay any costs incurred in preparation and submission of any bid. The District reserves the right to waive any minor irregularities and/or informalities in any bid or in the bidding procedure, to reject any and all bids, to re-advertise, and to award contracts in the best interest of the District.
SPECIFIC MATTERS PERTAINING TO BIDS AND THE WORK.
1. The bid price is to include, but not limited to: mobilization, transportation of equipment, materials and labor, set up and take down, all T.V. work (before and after), employee housing and meals, all materials, all line cleaning, furnish water for jetting, all by-pass pumping, cutting out of connections (reconnecting), sealing of beginning and end of each liner, public notification, traffic control, clean up, and any other items necessary for completion of work.
2. Bidder will provide submittals of materials and rehabilitation method.
3. After installation of the pipe liner and reinstatement of service connections, the contractor shall perform a TV inspection in the presence of the Owner’s Representative. The finished pipe liner shall be continuous over the entire length of each installation. The pipe liner shall be free of visual defects, damage, deflection, holes and the like. Reinstated service connections shall be neat and smooth.
4. The undersigned hereby declares that its representatives have visited the sites and have carefully examined the contract documents relating to the work covered by the above bid.
5. The undersigned understands that any quantities stated or implied in the specifications or elsewhere in the contract documents are approximate only, and are subject to increase or decrease.
6. Upon receipt of the “Notice of Award” the successful bidder will deliver to the District, within 10 days of its receipt of the “Notice of Award” the bonds, insurance policies and certificates and other items required under Sections 11 and 12 of the Agreement.
7. The undersigned has checked carefully all the above figures and understands that the District will not be responsible for any errors or omissions on the part of the undersigned in making up this bid.
8. The undersigned understands that if awarded the contract, it shall guarantee the work against defective materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of acceptance.