NOTICE OF PROPOSED TAX INCREASE
SALT LAKE CITY SUBURBAN SANITARY DISTRICT NO. 1
The Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary District No. 1 is proposing to increase its property tax revenue.
The Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary District No.1 tax on a $223,000 residence would increase from $25.27 to $47.96 which is $22.69 per year.
The Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary District No. 1 tax on a $223,000 business would increase from $45.94 to $41.25, which is $41.25 per year.
If the proposed rate is approved, Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary District No. 1 would increase its property tax revenue by 89.5% above last year’s property tax revenue excluding new growth.
All concerned citizens are invited to a Public Hearing on:
Date: August 9, 2012
Time: 6:00 P.M.
Place: Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary
District No. 1 Office
3932 South 500 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84107-1895
To obtain more information regarding the tax increase, citizens may contact Salt Lake City Suburban Sanitary District No. 1 at (801) 262-2904.
Why an increase?
1. Current collection system is approx. 55 yrs old – Estimate useful life is 50yrs
2. Many lines need to be rehabilitated (Relined vs Replaced)
3. Annual Maintenance has pinpointed $9.4 million worth of capital projects that
need rehabilitation within the next 5 yrs
4. Line failure & replacement is 5x the cost of a proactive relining
5. Entering a new stage of collection system
Why so Large?
District has not had a property tax increase in over 20 yrs